Sunday, November 28, 2010

Busy Bee's

The last week and a half has been SO busy. I said it was gonna be busy, but man it was BUSY! Here is a little re-cap of what we have been up to since last weekend! Im so happy we were able to get everything done. But sorry, this post is gonna be a long one! So much has happened :)

Friday the 19th, one Scott's favorite mission companions Mckay had his wedding reception. We attended that in Pleasant Grove and were able to meet up with a few of Scott's other old companions. It was a beautiful reception.







The next morning was Saturday the 20th which just happened to be Scott's birthday! That morning I had to get up early to do Brittany's hair and make-up (the same one I did bridals for.) It was her wedding that day in the Salt Lake Temple. Even though we weren't able to attend the reception because of our jam-packed day, Im sure it was amazing. Brittany you were a stunning bride. I felt honored to be your wedding stylist and thank you for letting me be part of your special day.





After I finished up with hair and make-up Scott and I dashed over to Mckay and Kirsti's sealing in the Draper Temple. I have never seen that many people attend a temple wedding before! But no doubt, since they are both the most amazing people ever! After the wedding we went to Gardener's Village for the luncheon with our friend BJ and Aubrey. Congrats Mckay and Kirsti! We are so happy for you :) (nevermind me, I look like CRAP from running around like a chicken with my head cut off lol)





After we were going to met his parents for dinner and while we waited, we stopped by a tree lot and saw this little guy!



I had never seen a reindeer in real life! Then we met Scott's mom and dad at McGrath's Fish house for his birthday dinner haha we were so full we didnt end up eating though, and we headed home for a MUCH needed night of sleep.



The next day we celebrated Scott's birthday by throwing him a dinner party at our house. I invited a bunch of our couple friends and I made the HUGEST bowl of pasta vodka with chicken, artichokes, and olives. After dinner we played the Adams Family game...(if you have never played it you should, it will definetly make you come out of your shell haha) after we played our game, our friend all went around and told their favorite thing about Scott. I felt very blessed to have such wonderful loving friends in our lives. Thank you everyone for sharing his birthday with us!










Then this week we had Thanksgiving! We went up to Hunstville agin to spend Thanksgiving with Scott's parents since we are spending Christmas with mine. We were able to see both of his sisters, Ember and Jessica, who I just love. Thanksgiving dinner was awesome and it made me think of all the things that I am thankful for, like my family, my friends, my home, my job, and most of all my HUSBAND!!!! Thanksgiving marked the one year anniversary since Scott proposed to me. There is nothing I could be more thankful for. He has blessed my life in unspeakable ways. He means everything to me, and Im so happy that he made the decision to make me his wife.








The next morning was Black Friday. And everyone knows what that means. Yes...4 am shopping. Scott and I got up at 3:30am to go to Target because they had a a tree on sale for 25 dollars. And man oh man did I want a Christmas tree. We got there, got our tree and a few other things we wanted, and booked it out of that hell hole. Utah people get crazy about their cheap deals. Typical. Then I went back to bed until 8 am when I went shopping at the mall with my friend Lyndsey. We got some sweet stuff from Forever 21 and Bath and Body works (mint chocolate and peppermint candles are a must for Christmas this year). Afterward we hit up Starbucks and snagged some Caramel cider and Peppermint Hot Chocolate. We even saw Geffory the Toys R Us giraffe in the parking lot while a crowd waiting for santa to land in the mall parking lot by helicopter. It was a succesful morning, Thanks for shopping with me Lyndsey!



Later that night we fianlly went on our date/Scott's birthday dinner at The Outback, it was so good. I strongly suggest the Alice Springs Quesadilla :) Then we went home and set up our Christmas tree and decorated it, which to me was really special since this is our first Christmas together. Then we lighte some candles, and watch Christmas Vacation. Wonderful end to the night!





The best the best day came yesterday, we met my lovely friend Karli and her fiance Blake for lunch at Cafe Rio..mmmmmmmm....yummmm. And then we finally went and saw, dun, dun, dun....HARRY POTTER 7! It was so good. But really scary and really really dark. Much darker than any Harry Potter before. But after it stared I quickly realized that I had not seen the previous Harry Potter leading up to this one! How could this have happened??? It just slipped by me and I lost track of what was going on. Crap. Now I have to go back and actually watch the Half Blood Prince. Way to go Morgan. Haha. We that's our Thanksgiving update. Hope everyone's holiday was wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment