Thursday, November 4, 2010

Being Sick

If there is one thing about me you should know, it's that I am a BIG ball of sickness. I get sick all the time. And I do mean all the time. There is not a month that goes by that I don't have a major headache, sore throat, or Im vommiting! AWESOME! It's been this way as long as I can remember. I am just not a healthy person and my immune system is always low enough for me to catch something. Right now I am enjoying the flu!!!! SO FUN. :) It started probably from Saturday night when some of our friends from Salt Lake came down for Halloween and we were up till 2 am. Then I just never caught up on my sleep and here I am now! Last night I had the MOST miserbale night of sleep in my life. I wish I could say I am exaggerating. But being totally honest, it was unreal how awful the night was. I could hardly swallow, and I was naseous. I took a blistering hot shower for more than an hour, yes more than an hour. No matter how hot it was I was still cold. I was so weak Scott had to help me out of the shower and help me put my hair up in clips. I decided not to take any Nyquil cause since I was sick to my stomach. I fell asleep and at 1 am my body ached so bad all over that I got up and layed on the couch. Lets just leave it there, and end with me saying I hope I never have a night like that again. Or at least for a long time.

Im just so good at getting sick! And Scott is never sick. He has never actually been sick one time while dating or being married, one of these times I would like it be him that sick and not me. Not that I want him to be sick, but he is always taking care of me, I would like to be the one taking care of him.

Lets go back now and review some of my favorite Holidays or special ocassions that I have ruined with being sick

1.Family Trip Disneyworld 2000-...Ok so this one is not my fault. My whole family was really sick and we all had the Stomach Flu, but I still feel bad cause it would be typical for me to be sick.

2. Thanksgiving 2007- I spent all night throwing up at my grandparents house right after Thanksgiving dinner. My sister Courtney was sick too, and we took turns throwing up into the same toilet. It was lovely.

3. Valentines Day 2010- So this one was the week before our wedding! Scott flew into Colorado for Valentines day and to help me drive and move all my stuff to Utah and we were supposed to go out for Valentines day, but the night before I was so sick from throwing up and I was sick for 3 days straight so 1, we didn't get to do anything for Valentines Day and 2, we left a whole day later than planned for utah. But hey...I did lose 7 pounds just in time for the wedding!

4. Our Honeymoon Feb 2010- On the 2 second day in of our Honeymoon in Cancun Mexico, I got Tonsilitis! joy! I was so miserable I couldn't swallow and I had a fever. The only thing I could take for it was mexican aspirin which did nothing. It was not treated until we got back to the US and we saw a doctor in the morning before our wedding reception in CO. I was still sick later that night for our reception and had a lovely raspy frog voice for all of our guests.

These are only a few of my favorites, Im sure there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment