Tuesday, May 3, 2011

moving, sucks.

Here we are day 3 of our moving extravaganza, and I am so exhausted I could literally take a nap for a year. I guess that is what happens when you procrastinate preparing for the move until the day you are actually moving...hm. Imagine that. But seriously we moved all day Sunday, all day Monday, and all day today into our new little apartment, and we are still not done. Moving our actual belongings has been the hugest pain in the butt, even though out new apartment is only 3 miles away from our old one, I realized we have soooooo much junk, soooooooo many clothes (actually that's just me) and we are way disorganized. Something I would really like to strive to be better at in the new house.

Today has been the worst though. We had the unholy task of cleaning the whole apartment top to bottom. Our landlord meant business too. We had to wash all the base boards, wash the walls, fill in holes with spackle, scrub the shower top to bottom (with its HORRIBLE glass sliding doors) those took me an hour to get all the soap scrum off. We had to wash all the doors back and front, clean all the glass and windows inside and out, wash the window tracks, wash the air filter, scrub out the oven and microwave, clean down all the cupboards, wash out all the drawers, oil all the wood cupboards in the apartment, wipe down all the wood blinds, sweep, mop, and sweep outside our apartment door. I am totally sure I am missing something. I think our issue came in thinking it would not be as hard as it was. I was responsible for the bathroom. I thought it would take 30 minutes tops. It took me almost 3 hours.

Ugh it's seriously a nightmare. Not to mention that we have a serious mold infestation through-out our entire apartment. It grows and grows through the whole bathroom, all over the ceiling, all over the baseboards, in all of the window wells. Out into our bedroom, in the window wells there, and baseboards, behind our headborad...and there is nothing we can do about it. Our apartment is halfway underground and does not get good ventilation at all. I don't know if its cause of where it is located in the complex, being a bottom end unit and all, but we will run the fan during a shower, and our bedroom windows will be fogged up for a week, our neighbors have even joked it looks like business is going down in our apartment all the time. Even our towels stay damp for days if we don't crack a window at any sign of moisture, and it's just now getting nice enough to open them with out freezing yourself out! It is totally out of our hands. Good luck to the new tenants whoever they are! I will for sure not miss that. Horray for the 2nd floor!

Oh goodness Im not excited to unload these boxes at our new place. Not to mention Stinky has been hiding out under our box spring since last night. This is gonna take some getting used to.

...But I can't wait to decorate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment