Wednesday, April 27, 2011

today I'm a movie critic

As I have said before, one of Scott's old mission companions is the manager at the Provo 16 movie theather, and gets us free tickets to movies all the time. THANKS MARC! So if it's in the theaters, I've probably seen it. If I haven't seen it, I will probably be seeing it. (assuming its not R)

Scott and I see a large helping of movies, probably more than healthy, through the movie theather and redbox...we spend probably 10-15 dollars a month on redbox movies, we should really just get netflix again. Anyway Scott and I have just recently seen a great deal of awesome movies, both rented and in theaters! First of all tonight we went and saw Water For Elephants.

OH...MY...GOSH. It is so awesome. There are a lot of sad parts, well actually pretty much the entire movie is horribly sad. But that doesn't mean its not fantastic! I will warn you though that it has quite a bit of sad parts involving animals dying, animal abuse...I will openly admit I cried during 2 seperate scenes of the movie due to the animals. But I am an absolute animal lover. I cried when I hit a bird with my car, I believe huunting is wrong, yada yada yada. So if you are an animal lover too, this movie will probably envoke some pretty strong emotions. Either way, you must see it. It has a fabulous ending, and I walked out of the theather smiling. That's the way it should be. We will own Water For Elephants I decided.

Another movie that will leave you smiling out of the theater is Arthur. We laughed pretty much the entire time, and have used some of the funny lines in our conversations since. That movie is truly super cute and super worth seeing, even if you think Russell Brand is a wierdo and wears too tight of pants. Which I do.


Well in the way of redbox movies, lets discuss Country Strong for a minute. What the h????

I was really looking forward to that movie. I love Gwenyth Paltrow, I love Tim McGraw, I love country. Match made in depressing heaven! I haven't seen a movie that depressing since I Am Legend, which I refused to ever watch again simply due to the fact that he cries to genuinly to the store manniquen, and strangles his dog. But that's another story. Oh my goodness, from the previews I thought that it was gonna end up some upbeat, turn your life around, find the good in life movie, and rather it ended up sad, and confusing, with the most expectedly depressing ending ever. I liked it, would I watch it again? Maybe if my day was just a little too happy and great and I really needed something to ground me back into the real world fast! Which is what we all want on a super great day, to make it less great! mmmkay no. Well the songs are good, I really liked the Coming Home one, and Paltrows dresses were pretty. That's the upside.


So on occassion we will have gone through and seen every single PG-13 and under movie in the entire redbox, and end up getting a total random one that you never even saw a preview for, or knew it went to theathers...but Scott's friend Billy told us about this random movie called Catfish, so we got it.

And let me just say, I was seriously glued to the screen the entire time. I usually can't make it past 5 or so minutes watching a movie in my bed without konking out, but this one I was actually sitting up, hanging on every scence. It's a documentary about a guy who starts a relationship with a girl on facebook, and well seriously you just have to see it. It's so freaky weird. Like I mean it, this movie is the EXACT reason I don't accept anyone I don't know in person on facebook as a friend. Yikes. You will seriously be so creeped out, and actually kind of sad for the people in the movie. People are CRAZY! Anyway, see it. See it, see it, see it.

Thank you for your time. :)

1 comment:

  1. 1. I loved your movie reviews
    2. Water For Elephants was one of the best books I've ever read and I'm so excited to see the movie....I hope it's as good as the book was...
    3. Jenna and I are obsessed with Country Strong. We've seen it 4 times. So sad but so good too!
    4. Facebook is a creepy place.

    I demand we go to lunch soon! Maggie had her baby and wants to do lunch sometime next week....soo....I'll text you and we'll see if we can all meet up! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete