Monday, May 9, 2011

the not so glamorous side of pregnancy

First off let me say how INCREDIBLY grateful I am to be blessed with the experience to be a mother soon! I seriously cannot wait until this little babe is out and I get to cuddle its brains out. I can't wait to see what it looks like, and see if Scott and I ever come to an agreence on a boy name. (not that it will be a boy, but if it, it's going to be a LOOOOOONG 9 months battling it out for a boy name)

For all the amazing thigs that come along with pregnacy, there are some not so amazing things. Im excited to finally complain till my hearts desire all over my social networks because for the last almost 3 months I have had to suck it up and just complain to scott, my mom, myself, and my cat...but at least she doesn't have an opinion. Here is my list of fun pregnancy facts that no one goes into detail about you before you get knocked up.

1. Anger issues- What more to say about this one aside from openly acknowledging I should probably be attending anger management classes. I get SO angry, all the time. Its probably pretty unhealthy actually, but I can't help it. Im a little on the OCD side to begin with, and this just tilts the scales. I get so mad I throw stuff, and shake my fists. Anything sets me off. 3 days ago a had a full blown mental breakdown over our duvee cover not fitting our down comforter exactly. I yelled at Scott, kept telling him what to do, and finally ended up crying. I felt pretty bad, but luckily my husband its a pretty even tempered loving man, and still hugs me and says its ok, even though I just reamed him for no real reason at all. Which brings me to my next point...

2. Incessant Crying and overboard emotions- Even worse than the anger is the emotions. My emotions are ridiculous. I cry over the slightest sentimental moment. Don't get me wrong, Im not full blown bawling everytime, but I cannot watch anything, ANYTHING remotely sad, touching, sweet, upsetting without tearing up. For example- The week we found out I was pregnant I cried during the finale of Jesrey Shore when J-WOW and Snooki said goodbye. Really? Jersey Shore? that was insane. Scott still holds that over my head. Saturday Scott and I went to see Rio, I started tearing up at preview of a dolphin movie, and then again when the ANIMATED bird was alone in a box. It never stops and it really annoys me, cause I know most of the time its something stupid im crying over. But every once in a while I will have a sob fest. Like the day I went to Panda Express for some Orange Chicken (which I wanna eat all the time) and they gave me the left over chicken in the pan before a new batch, and I really didn't want it. I was so upset that once I got in my car I called Scott sobbing and sobbing about my chicken. He couldn't even tell what I was saying, he thought I got into a car accident. Speaking of food...

3. Food cravings and Aversions- This one is a total catch 22 with me. Food and I have a love hate relationship right now. I will have the most intense cravings, I will make something or buy something, and then the next day the thought of eating the leftovers makes my stomach churn. It's really making Scott upset since I can't help but waste food since I wont eat anything the day after I ate it. Last week a guy at Gandolfo's finagled me into buying the other half of my 6-inch sub for $1 more. I caved, and never ate the other half. But I never had any intention of eating the other half. So I had Scott eat it the next day, soggy bread and all.I don't even know why I got it to begin with. About 3 weeks ago at like 1 am I had such an intense craving for fettucine that I got out of bed, made it, and took it back to my bed and ate it. All while Scott was asleep. 2 weeks ago I had 2 dreams in a row about a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel from McDonald's. I havent had one in like 3 years. But I made it my mission to get one the next morning. Yeah, its pretty nuts.

4. Morning sickness- Oh boy, where do I start with this one. Misery is not a good enough word to express how I have felt in my 1st trimester. It started around 5 or so weeks. At first it started at night only. I would get sick around 9 or 10 and take some Unisom and B6 and wake up in the middle of the night to lay by the toilet. Then I felt better in the morning. That lasted until about week 6 1/2 when I was being sick non-stop. I was sick when I woke up, I was sick in the middle of the day, I was sick at night. For about 3 weeks I literally didn't get out of bed except to lay in the bathroom. I was miserable. It was especially bad considering that I hardly actually threw up. I wished so bad I would cause then maybe I would feel better, but instead it just lingered and lingered and would make me dry heave 5 or 6 times a day. I even tried to go to the grocery store one day and had to leave, cart half full because I was unbearably sick. My favorite pastime became taking a Zofran and then laying in the shower for 45 minutes, twice a day. They say that morning sickness is the sign of a healthy pregnancy, and for that Im grateful, but jeez. My morning sickness pretty much subsided around 9 weeks, YAY! but I will still have some mild sickness every couple days. Can't wait for trimester 2!

4. Sheer Laziness- I have become seriously the laziest person on the planet. All I want to do all day long is lay in my bed and watch Family Guy on Hulu. A lot of it is that I really am tired, baby making takes a lot out of you, but I have NO desire to do anything or go anywhere. Scott will ask me if I wanna do things, things that normally are fun to me or normally I would wanna do, but the answer is always the same. things like "wanna go to a movie?" not really..."wanna have aaron and his fiancee over this weekend?" ehhh not really... "wanna go to the mall?" not today... "wanna go up to my parents house friday?" ...no, maybe another day. "wanna go work out?" are you insane?????? no way. I wish I had energy again, I really do, but for now, I would rather just sleep all day, and eat. And that's just the way it is.

5. Waking up everynight- This one is not that big of deal, but its still anoying. I cannot make it threw an enitre night of sleep, not even to save my life. Every night I wake up like 3 or 4 am cause I have to pee, or Im too hot, or Im uncomfortable, or Im I just seriously can't sleep anymore. Maybe its cause I sleep all day. Maybe.

6. Randoms- This is the little things that I had no idea were going to happen to me. My sense of smell is out of control. I can smell something in another room, I can smell myself SO much more, I can smell morning breath all the way across the bed, I have become addicted to a cologne of my husbands that smells so much better than it did before, and worst of all, everything else smells like cat pee to me. I tell Scott everyday "eww that smells like cat pee" he says everything smells like cat pee to me. I hate to take my prenatals, they smell like... you guessed it, cat pee. Another one is my skin is so much more sensitive. Everything hurts my skin, I get bruises and rashes a lot easier. Last night I had a big rash across my chest and Scott pointed it out. Yeah, it happens.


Pregnancy is such a blessing. Like I said I am so excited to have this little baby and we can't wait to be parents, and if these are some of the things I have to deal with, then Im happy to make that sacrifice. I just wish they wouldn't happen at the same time. :) Im interested to see what new things come with trimester 2 and 3!

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog (I'm friends with bethany dyer) and just wanted to say that the sensitive skin can be caused by low iron levels. check with your doctor because it can cause complications after delivery. I had that problem and it's not fun. Sorry if this sounds stalker-ish... just one mom to another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks! we have been wondering what that was, my husband just thought i was being a baby! lol thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete