Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It only took 6 months...

...to figure out that I am allergic to Paul Mitchell products!!!!

So the last 6 months I have been breaking out uncontrollably around my chin, jaw, chest, shoulders, back, and even my neck! I was SO confused to what was going on because naturally I have never been a really "zitty" person. I would occasionally get a zit on my face, but I dont think I ever had a single zit on my neck?

The other day, I was talking to Scott, discussing my complete confusion about what was going on with my skin, and that's when I realized it. Its my shampoo and conditioner. I have been using Paul Mitchell products since the day I started school, and it was about 6 months ago that I started noticing a change in my skin. I have a special body wash that I use to keep my skin disease at bay (a non-contagious skin disease where my hair follicle gets infected) and I know for a fact that that body soap works, I have been using it for 4 years, and at 10 dollars a bar...it better work. But I noticed the last couple months, my back always felt a little waxy, a little "dirty" even though I washed it every day.



I also noticed that everytime I washed my hair with PM products, it always left my hair feeling a little waxy as well, but I never put 2 and 2 together till I realized that it was was not washing all the way off since it's waxy, and since the waxiness was staying in my hair, it was getting in my pillow when I sleep, and then I smash my face and neck into my waxy pillow all night. AH HA! it all fits together! So once I had this little epiphany I text my good old friend Kendra (who is an incredible master cosmtologist) about this situtation, and she said %100 without a doubt im allergic to the shampoo and conditioner, and one of the main symptoms is cystic acne in all the places I described.

So I immediently went out and got some new shampoo. After much consideration and studying, and talking to professionals about what is best for my sensitve skin, I bought my new best friend Pureology. I have tried it before, and loved it, just never felt like I wanted to fork out the ridiculous cash for freaking shampoo. But to say the least, I have been very very impressed and happy with Pureology (I got the purple hydrating colour care one)and I am SOOOOOO glad I invested in this product. My hair is so soft, so clean, so shiny, and my skin actually feels and looks normal again.



Now this is not to say I don't like Paul Mitchell products, I think they are wonderful, worth the money, and most people do not have issues with them like I did, but for me, they just don't work well with my body. BOOOOOO. I love Paul Mitchell. I had 4 bottles in my shower that I can't use.


Anyone want them? Free to a good home lol

(I just realized this is a pointless post...but hey, sometimes I like to talk about pointless stuff!)

4 comments:

  1. not pointless at all...I had been having the same problem with some shampoos that would leave my hair feeling almost "greasy" feeling. I too switched to pureology & bammmm all my hair "issues" are dunzo! yay for hot hair! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could be a good home for your shampoos... just sayin! lol.
    Im glad you solved the mystery. YAY for Pureology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan....I love Pureology. It's like my favorite but like you...it's always hard to fork out the cash for it. SOOO expensive but SOOO worth it! By the way let's catch up soon! I want to hear all about the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Soooo much!! If i hadnt seen your post I would have thought I was the only one - thinking this past week I am allergic to Paul M- Same Symptoms!! ouch & yuk!! going right to the salon after work to get something else!! This is such a relief!! and it wasn't pointless!!! lol

    ReplyDelete