Monday, March 21, 2011

Recent Happenings

I think it has been a while since I actually update my blog about US and what WE are doing lol. Its not like you missed a lot. Life lately has been particularily uneventful, DID I JUST SAY UNEVENTFUL!?? sure did! Life the last month has been low key and I we are loving every minute of it. We needed a break after 2 months high stress.

As you may or may not know, during the fiasco with the miscarriage Scott lost his job. His company got closed down and everyone was booted outta there, including my Uncle Brandon who is was the manager. Scott went almost 3 weeks without a job. In the meantime, I was let go from my job 2 days after my miscarriage started. It was pretty insensitive but they laid me off since I was missing too much of my class for the doctors appointments and such and they wanted me in the classroom consistantly, not the subs. I was sent on my merry way with hugs and a 2 weeks severance check. As strange as it was, I was relieved and happy.

...Until I realized we both don't have jobs. YIKES! No need to worry friends, we both got new ones! We both found new jobs within 2 weeks! Scott started working for a company called Progexion (they help people connect with lawyers to rebuild their credit) and I got a job a tanning salon....again. Ok ok its not my first pick in jobs, BUT they offered me a pretty sweet deal. They want me to become the Assistant Manager of the store in American Fork. So far the money has been sweeeet. And once I train for assistant manager, Im projected to make about $2,500 dollars a month, through commission and bonuses. (dont worry my tancer concience friends, Im not trying to die over something foolish, I just do the spray ones).

Anyway Scott has still been finishing up the school year and working, and I am working 40 hours a week, with 1 day off every 10 days. I had to take a leave of absence from school cause I just don't have time to do both right now. :( But I know all my hard work will pay off.

So we are pretty busy, and I love it. Because this time it actually feels organized and normal. Plus all the work and such has made us concentrate on other things, not giving us time to reflect on all the bad stuff tha has recently happened. So YAY for us.

So the only recent thing we have gone out and done was going to PF Changs in Salt Lake City with Scott's brothers and sisters. That was really fun cause it was just the married couples who were older and I had a great time talking to all the girls, Katie, Laurie, Jenn, and Gena. I love his family :)not to mention PF Changs is freaking good no matter the company.





*currently our camera is off at the geek squad lab getting repaired since it was hanging to life by a thread and being held together with rubber bands. It been gone for 3 weeks and it wont be back for at least another week, so lets all hope for our camera to be happy and healthy once it returns, I need to start taking pictures again :(

1 comment: