Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Sweet 16 Lauren!



Today is my little sister Lauren's birthday. 16th birthday to be exact! It crazy how time flies, to me I feel like she is still 10. :)I'm very excited for Lauren's birthday today because she is actually here today. When Lauren was born, she stopped breathing within 2 hours of her being home. She was rushed to the hospital where she died on the way, she was resuscitated and spent the next 10 days in the ICU. I remember going to see her in the hospital. We were allowed to hold her but we had to wear a gown and a cap. She was hooked up to all these wires, monitors, and had little patches over her eyes so she couldn't see. It was the most heartbreaking things. But after 6 months Lauren was healthy again. Then when Lauren was 3 or so her fingernails started turning black and falling off, there was some concern that she might have cancer. I remember how scared my parents where and I remember my parents preparing us for the worst. Luckily she didn't have cancer, and since had been blessing out family with her presence for 16 years. We are so happy to have Lauren in our lives.

Here are some reasons why Lauren is awesome:

1. She is so funny
2. She is a great singer
3. She has so many friends and so many people love her
4. She is obviously adorable
5. She is always excited and entertaining
6. She always is herself and doesn't try to change for anyone
7. She is a good girl and has good morals
8. She is compassionate and always tries to make you feel better
9. She is easy to talk to
10. She is 16 and can finally date! ...(weird)

No comments:

Post a Comment