Thursday, March 10, 2011

Don't Laugh at Me



I love this song, this morning I was listening to it on the ipod as I was getting ready and it made me tear up (mind you I had just done my make-up and I didnt want it everywhere so I held it back) lol But that took me back to middle school QUICK. In middle school I was the target of some pretty harsh bullying. I was not pretty, I was not popular. In fact, I was skinny and lanky with no figure, I was covered with freckles, and I had braces on my mangled teeth. I was sight to behold. Anyway I was teased mericlessly by girls AND boys. I remember that one girl grabbed my hair and said "was your hair cut by a nun!?" and a certain boy told me that "I looked like I fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down." In fact, in 7th grade the kid I had the biggest crush on grabbed my bag from me on the bus on Valentines Day, and said "lets see how many valentines Morgan got!" he poured it out exposing my one valentine I got during the day...from my teacher, and everyone laughed at me. I would cry myself to sleep in middle school, I would wish I was someone else.

Things changed dramtically for me during the summer between 8th grade and high school. I got my braces off, started wearing real make-up, grew boobs, and got on the cheerleading team, and then life was a little easier. But the pain of how I was treated has always stuck with me. So I might have been a little awkward and weird, so I might have been a little un-cute. But did I deserve that? I submit that NO ONE does.

This song makes you think the next time you just judge that bum on the corner, or look at a person weird just cause they look different or have a disability. God loves all his children, no matter their challenges in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment