Sunday, December 12, 2010

Park City, Temple Lights, & friends

Well we have had another busy couple weeks, as I suspected this month would be. Scott and I are preparing to go to Colorado to see my family for Christmas. We are leaving on the 22nd and coming back the 27th. Scott is finishing up the semester and preparing for finals, and I am indulging in every minute of "The 12 days of Teacher Appreciation" at my school and getting the awesome gifts from the PTO and student counsel.

Besides that not much happens during the week except worj and school. Oh! My blog stalker Katie wrote me another crazy pants message this last week on facebook, pretending to be her sister. oh goodness. Everytime she writes me she looks more pathetic I feel more bad for her and the life she must be living. That poor thing.

On to a funner topic, my school had our Teacher Christmas party which was WAY fun. We had dinner from Zupas (Martinellis included) and exchanged secret santa gifts. VerDaun the front office lady who is in her 70's or 80's was seriously the life of the party. We she was saying the funniest stuff (most of which I cant repeat, lets just say she is very sassy for an elderly woman) and she actually made herself cry from laughing. Other people were chatting, but Me, Ashley, and Amanda were rolling arounf in laughter. I havent laughed THAT hard in a long time. I love my co-workers.






Then on Friday we went up to Park City with a bunch of our friends, and stayed in our friends really nice house overlooking the ski resorts. This has been our 4th stay at this house this year, and we love it everytime. We played the wii, played the Adams Family game again, and had an awesome dinner. The next morning we had breakfast, and headed down to the outlet malls to look around.






By this time I was not feeling very good, and we had to make a pit stop, but Scotty got me a Peppermint shake, since im OBSESSED with perppermint. He is so sweet. Scott and I then headed to Salt Lake where we were meeting up with our friend Bj and Aubrey, and Craig and Stephanie. Before we got together Scott and I went and saw the movie Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration. I had never seen it, and let me tell you, if you have not seen it, you must. It was the most powerful movie I have ever seen. I cried, Scott cried. It is just so touching and after watching it you just have such a greater love for Joseph Smith and all he did for the church. He truly was a man called of God. After we were done, we met up with our friends and walked around temple square, hit up Carls Jr, and went Ice Skating!






Here are some pictures of ice skating:)(the last picture is my favorite)







After we went and got some Hot Chocolate from the Salt Lake Roasting Co. yummmmmy. We had an awesome weekend and CAN'T wait for the next few. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends, especially during this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment