Monday, April 25, 2011

Mommy came to visit!

I had been looking forward to this last week FOREVER! My mom was coming from Colorado to Utah to come pick up my sister Courtney and take her back from college at BYU. I haven't seen my mom since Christmas and I was so excited to have her here (except I was wish my dad was able to come too)

On Wednesday night I drove out to Herriman since my mom had just gotten in town. After I got there we went to IN-N-OUT since Colorado doesn't have one and my mom was dying to try it. We went with my grandma and grandpa O'Very, and my mom and I shared one of their awesome chocolate shakes:)





On Thursday my mom drove to Provo and hung out with me all day! We went shopping for the majority of the day, and finally headed over to lunch, which I was DYING FOR! We went to our favorite lunch spot, The Olive Garden, for their unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks.


After lunch Scott had finally gotten off work and we all headed over to the BYU art museum to see the Carl Bloch art exhibit, something my dad really wanted us to see since Carl Bloch is his favorite artist. I had a very very blonde moment at the exhibit waiting to go in, in which I stated to my mom "You know it would have been really cool if he was able to come to the opening and we could meet the artist." OMG. My mom responded that she was pretty sure he was dead. Very dead. I googled him on my phone and sure enough...very dead. He died in the 1800's. OY VEY! I would just like to defend myself in saying I had never heard of Carl Bloch and I had NO idea he was dead. So I cut myself a break :)


Anyway, the exhibit was really cool. Definetly worth taking a look at while its still around for the month of May. After the art exhibit my mom, Scott, and I went to Pizza Pie Cafe (Scott's favorite) and we split a cookie monster. For those of you who go to BYU-IDAHO, you know Craigo's cookie monster? Same thing. AHHHHHH so divine. I don't even like sweets but I cant help but get a cookie moster everytime I'm there. Warm pizookie, topped with a layer or icecream, whipped cream, covered in chocolate and caramel sauce.


The next day on Friday I took no pictures. We worked alllllll day to help Courtney move out of her apartment. Actually I rephrase that, I hardly worked at all, I carried light stuff, and sat in the truck and complained a lot about how I was hungry and needed food. My mom, Courtney, and Scott really did all the work, but I did bring the truck, so YAY FOR ME! Then we drove back down to Herriman to drop off Court's endless supply of college crap at my grandma's house, but on the way we stopped near the SouthTowne mall and treated ourselves to MY favorite food, Chipotle. Since they have one of pretty much every corner in Colorado, yet in Utah its so far away from where I live, it's a nice treat when I get it. Later that night my grandma made a nice dinner for all of us while roast, mashed potatoes, and corn. yummm :)

I had such a good time with my mom in town. I wish we had more time together, or better yet, I wish I just lived back in Colorado and could see my family all the time. Some day, some day. Until then I can't wait till my family comes to Utah for the 4th of July for our Family Reunion. I seriously can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. so you ARE pregnant! congratulations to you!!!

    ReplyDelete