Friday, June 10, 2011

the never ending blog post

I have a ton to blog about! First of all, I forgot to update about Memorial day. Scott and I both had the day off, so we went down to Salt Lake because my sister-in-law Katie was having a Memorial Day BBQ at her house. It was so much fun getting to see all our sweet nieces and nephews and have some delicious food! I was pretty unhappy at one point though because I got tricked into eating something I never would have eaten willingly. Scott was eating something that looked innocently enough like pieces of steak, and told me to try some. Now I not a big meat eater, the only meat I really do eat is chicken, and the traditional holiday meats on holidays, but if we went to dinner I wouldn't just pick out a steak; and then there is Scott, who is all man, all meat lol. Well to make a long story short(er), Scott's dad like to hunt, he likes to hunt Elk, he likes to make food out of Elk, he likes to substitue regular meat for Elk meat...and me? I have become quite aware Im am not a fan of Elk. Or any gamey meat for that matter...Scott knows how much I hate it and just flat out will not eat it. So that is why when he offered me some "steak" I didn't think much of it, knowing my sweet husband would never trick me like that! He started smiling as I chewed it, and finally announced that I was eating MOOSE! I ate freaking Moose!!!! ok ok it was not that bad I will admit, ok it was actually kinda good. It really didnt taste that much different than beef actually...but I'll stick to just trying it once. It does knida freak me out that I was eating a moose. Here is a video of our nephew Drew doing what he does best, loving the attention!
So we got some awesome but surpising news this week, we went to the doctor for baby check-up and we found out that I am a week behind on my dates and it turns out I'm actually almost 17 weeks along, not almost 16! Now I turn 17 weeks on Sunday and the doctor changed the baby's due date to November 19th, which is one day before Scott's birthday! Unfortunatly Im not allowed to count the baby as his birthday present, dang it. But anyway the baby is doing so so so good and we actually caught a video of it moving on the ultra sound :) Most exciting of all, we get to find out the sex in 3 weeks on July 1st, which is the night my family comes into town for our family reunion and Im going to come up with a cute way to tell them what it is. Here is the adorable video of our baby moving around like a mini gymnst! sorry it not super high quality, scott took it on his phone(please ignore me being way annoying, swooning over its every move...it was a special moment for me ok!) I would like to take a time out to talk about something that is very dear to my heart, and that thing is Zupas' Turkey Spinach and Artichoke sandwich. I have always loved Zupas, their chicken enchilada soup is to die for, and almost every sandwich I have tried there I love (except for the new pesto chicken, wasn't a fan) anyway I tend to be a creature of habit, so when I got the Spinach Turkey and Artichoke sandwich sometime last year, that is now pretty much the only think I get. I am so obsessed with that sandwich now, now more than ever. I loved it before, but now I crave it at all times of the day, I have eaten it for lunch at least twice in the last 2 weeks. I feel guilty saying that, but the truth is that it is 5 times better now that Im pregnant. I need to slow down there or ill be gaining a lot more baby weight then I planned on lol Please try it. Please, I beg of you. If you like spinach, and artichoke it will change your life. Well, I should probably wrap up this post considering it's a lot longer than I anticipated. But before you go check out my gnarly sunburn I got last saturday. Stayed out a little too long, with a little too little sunscreen (ahem, i mean no sunscreen at all) smart. Im peeling now, peeling like a snake, a snakey snake. See ya! p.s.s...Ill leave you with some borderline-ish pedophil-ish eye-candy with the voice of an angel. No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment