Thursday, January 13, 2011

Delicious...

I'll be the first to admit that I am not the healthiest person in the world. Im not big into working out and I am for SURE more into food that tastes good, than food that is good for me. But lately I have found that I NEED to be eating healthier, and I have been trying to find things to eat and make that are a little healthier but still taste wonderful. Is there such a thing? Yes, and its SOOOOO easy. I am the queen of easy, so I promise, it really is easy.


This is a little something I made today for lunch for Scott and I. This is called Taco soup. There are different veriations of the soup, but this is mine.

-1 large can of diced tomatoes
-1 large can of Black beans
-1 large can of Pinto beans
-1 small can of diced green chiles
-1 large can of green enchilada sauce
-1 small onion (chopped)
-1 dry ranch packet
-1 packet of taco seasoning
-1 cup of sweet corn
-1 pound ground beef pre-cooked (I went with the healthier lean turkey ground)


Cook the meat in a skillet with pepper until brown. Combine all cans and ingredients in crock pot. Cook for 30 minutes until onion is cooked....and that's it! Top with cheese and sour cream if you want.

Enjoy! I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment