Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6 months old

My sweet little Ava is now 6 months old! I seriously can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital, but here she is half a year old and loving life. She is the happiest baby i have ever known, Im not being biased just cause she is mine, but this baby is always smiling. Its pretty funny because I get compliments on how cute she is almost every single day when I take her out. Old people especially love her, and when people stop to look at her, she always starts smiling at them. They usually are super excited and take it as something like "she must like me!" I don't have the heart to tell them that she smiles at everyone:)

Little Ava bug sleeps in her own bed now, which is SUCH a blessing, but if we don't get her in her bed by about 8 pm, she mutates into the Hulk. For how sweet she is, she also can be miserable come night time! It sure does make doing anything in the evening outside of TV at home almost impossible. Ava has a very bright personality. She is sweet but strong willed, and she is incredibly resilient. If that little girl wants something, she stops at nothing to have it, but the opposite is true as well, if she doesn't want something, she is NOT gonna have it. One night Scott and I tried putting her to bed a little early, and she cried for a while, I told him that she would just cry it out and eventually fall asleep, she has to learn when her bedtime is! Well 45 minutes later she is still crying, almost to the point of gagging herself with tears. So we got her out, and she was immediately all smiles with a puffy face and all. 10 minutes later? She's asleep. That girl is something else I tell ya.

right now Ava is getting ready to crawl! She has figured out how to sit up and rock back and forth on all fours, she army crawls right now, kinda just scooting herself along...she hasn't quite mastered the coordination, but I bet its coming soon!

Scott and I have been doing really well, of course we have our trials like every family does, but we have done such a good job handling every obstacle that has been in our path lately. Im so proud of Scott, he is just such a great husband and such a great dad. Im so glad I married him, I love him more and more everyday! As for me I have just been enjoying being home with Ava, some days can get a little repetitive or boring, but I love every day I get to spend with my amazing daughter, I learn so much from her everyday. I love watching her grow and learn new things!

With the summer coming up its going to start getting pretty busy! We are trying to plan at trip to Las Vegas this summer, just Scott and I, to see our friends Craig and Steph, and then we have to get ready for my sister Courtney's wedding in August in San Diego! Im super excited to spend a whole week in sunny California with my family, going to the beach, going to Disneyland, and of course being a part of Courtney and Taylor's wedding! We also have my birthday coming up next week, and Scott and I are going to Lagoon while Grandma Allen watches the baby! So much fun stuff to look forward to!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, Lagoon is right by my house! I want to watch baby Ava!!

    paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page. Thanks for doing it kids. I love you all. Grandpa Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what your page that you have created her kids. You have a wonderful family and I love you all. Grandpa Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her swimsuit! you guys are such a beautiful family!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete