Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding

Yesterday my best friend Ashley got married in the San Diego temple. I was supposed to be there, and I was supposed to be her Maid of Honor. Unfortunatly though, due to some complIcations I have had with my pregancy (that I still haven't written about) I was not able to travel down there for it.

I was very excited in the beggining about being able to be part of her wedding, but after our California hospital visit and 2 more trips to Labor and Delivery, Scott and I talked it over, and he especially felt it would be a bad idea for me to go so close to my delivery date without him being able to go with me. I was so sad when I finally accepted I would not be able to go. I had been waiting for this special day of hers for years and there was nothing more I wanted then to be there for her on the best day of her life.

But after getting an internal exam 2 weeks ago (which are ridiculously uncomfortable by the way) and them seeing I was already dialated, and that fact that I get contractions (NOT braxton hicks) almost everytime I do anything strenuous, It was a good thing I did not go. When I told Ashley that I was not going to be able to go it broke my heart. We both just cried and cried, it really was the saddest thing ever. I wanted to be at that wedding more than anything! When was my best friend ever going to get married again???? NEVER! and I was going to miss it! But in an attmept to help her feel more like I was there for her, I wrote her special note for her to read ONLY on her wedding day.

There were several nights that I lost sleep over it, and I have cried...A LOT. BUT! Her and her new husband are going to be moving here next month! She is going to be living in the same town as me again, and honestly I am beyond excited. I promised Ashley that I will take her on a temple date since I didnt get to go through her endowement session with her and she will still be very new at it, so it will be a nice experience to help her :)

The night before her wedding I was having a really hard time sleeping, and I ended up waking up at about 5:30 am and I couldn't go back to sleep. It was really really hard for me to come to terms with the fact that my best friend was going to go through the most important day of her life, I wasn't even going to be there for her. But I had to keep reminding myself that Im having a baby. I am totally responsible for this little persons life and I need to take this seriously and not over strain myself. I know Ashley would have loved for me to be there, but I also know that Ashley would have also wanted me to take care of this baby and make sure she comes out as healthy as possible.

I am so happy for Ashley. She is such an amzing person, such an amazing friend, and totally deserved this amazing day. Right now they are off enjoying their Honeymoon in Costa Rica (LUCKY GIRL!) and will be moving here in a number of weeks, just in time for baby A to show up!(if she is not early) This is not the end, this is only the beggining of some very exciting times in our lives.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ASHLEY AND JAKE KLEIMAN!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Morgan...the SAME thing happened to me for my best friend's wedding....I mean I wasn't preggo BUT I was unable to attend her wedding (also in San Diego). It was the worst thing ever. You just have to know that she loves you and knows how desperately you wanted to be there :)
    Keep us updated on baby!!!!! We should try to go to one more lunch before she comes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Morgan - this is Ashley's mom!

    Your blog post brought tears to my eyes...so sweet!!! I know it was so hard for you not to be here with Ash! Please know that you were missed very much but taking care of your baby bundles is your top priority. I just wanted you to know that I've never seen Ashley happier or more beautiful! It was a perfect day!!! It will be so fun for you girls to live so close to each other again! Good luck with baby bundles...you both are in my prayers! Luv...Tracey ;-)

    ReplyDelete