Wednesday, October 12, 2011

California Part 2...finally!

If you read my previous post, you know that I really don't want to do this. But alas, I have A LOT to update about. Might as well get the ball rolling! So lets pick up where we left off with the vaca!

Our next day there we spent at the happiest place on earth, DISNEYLAND of course!!! I loved going to Disneyland. Something about that place just brings out the kid in everyone. Even though there were limited rides that I could go on, it was still awesome! I was able to at least go on all the kids rides and Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion, and those are the ones I cared about most anyway.


Sad to say while we were in the Haunted Mansion it was totally dark and I tripped over some little kid that stopped right in front of me, and I pulled my big toenail all the way back. It started bleeding and I could not enjoy that ride cause my toe was just throbbing. So we headed over to the First Aid station and they cleaned it up and gave me a free wheelchair!



I was gonna end up getting a wheelchair anyway because I can only walk for so long before my back is killing me, I just didnt plan on being in it so soon. But that was fine with me, I was tired of walking anyway, and Scott was more than happy to push me around so he could walk at his own pace and "didnt have to wait for his waddling wife". So it actually worked out great!





We spent all day hopping around back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventure, stopping in the evening to have dinner at this great mexican restraunt in Downtown Disney. We stayed for the fireworks show at the end of the night, and by 10:30 pm we were so exhausted from walking around all day (cough cough!) ummm being pushed around is hard work too! We left the wonderful world of Disney and headed to the Hotel we got down the road. I loved that day, it was even worth ruining my toenail.







The next day we slept in a bit and then headed down to Newport Beach. We wanted one last chance to spend by the ocean before we headed home. I had been to Newport Beach back when I was a senior in high school for a family vacation and I really enjoyed it then. We didn't get in our swimsuits that day because it was pretty overcast and I it was just a little colder, It wasnt really a good day for swimming, but we did just sit together and watch the waves, and we took a lovely stroll down the beach for almost an hour. After we left the beach we headed back to my Aunt and Uncles house and watch The Swan Princess with my cousins. Classic right? That evening after my aunt made these AMAZING pork tacos and we watched a movie with Colby and Denise (although I dont remember what we watched cause I was out in 5 minutes!




That night we had a BIG scare with the baby, that I will write a seperate post. But it ended up setting our departure date back a day, so after a day full of resting and sleeping, and feeding the family tortise Mohammed (my uncle the FBI agent named him haha) we all got a chance to go swimming at the pool and hot tub. It was nice for me to be able to relax and try to calm down after a very long night. We loved staying with my Aunt and Uncle. We love them so much!





Well that was the last day in Cali. It was too wonderful, even with the unexpected ending. We then headed back to Utah, stopping in Las Vegas one more time so that Scott could tour the "Pawn Stars" pawn shop. (It was a dream fulfilled for him). It was nice to finally get home and sleep in our bed, but we will always cherish this trip to California as our first vacation.



WOHOO! Im done!

No comments:

Post a Comment