Friday, September 9, 2011

Worst blogger in the history of ever.

GAH! I have SUCKED at blogging, pretty much the entire summer. I want to say there is a good excuse for it, that maybe we have been so busy and been having so much fun, because we have! and I want to say there is a better excuse than that. But alas, there is not. So I will try and update our entire summer in a few posts, lets see if we can make this happen. Well first of all, back in July Scott and I went to the Days of 47 Rodeo at the Maverick Center. I had never been to a rodeo before, only to monster truck rallys and such, so this was very exciting to me. It was fun getting to see all the tricks people could do, but I was very unhappy when they started roping the baby cows around their necks. I felt like it was cruel and didn't want to watch that part, so I went and got a funnel cake, but I showed up right in time for the bull riding...check out this guy getting speared in the butt!


After the Rodeo was over and we got in the car, my sister-in-law called with some very bad news. Their horse Gypsy had died. She has had a long history of bowel problems ever since she had her baby horse, and they even got her surgery in May to try and fix it. But yet again she was in pain, and they decided the best thing to do was to put her down. It was so sad. I cried a bit thinking about what a good horse she was, she really was so sweet, and as long as I have known Scott, that horse has been his fathers pride and joy. She was the first horse I have ever really riden and she was a great horse to learn on. Im so sad to see her go, but I know that she is in a much better place and is finally out of pain.






On a lighter note, we have been having a super fun time with our friends/neighbors we live by now. The summer has been so fun with them, we do a lot of fun free things, and everyone gets included. We do everything from group games of Werewolf at Jake and Diana's place, to girls night watching Bachelor Pad. Its nice to make some friend we have a lot on common with. A couple of them even have babies already, so Im excited to have little play dates. :)Here are some pictures of some stuff we have done with friends this summer...

Mona Rope Swing:






Bridge Jumping (in which I was mearly a spectator):




Dinner Dates:




and Werewolf (full of Diet Coke addictions and flying accusations):



I will update tomorrow. But for now, its time to retire to bed with my man, and a new season of Dexter. TA TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment