Friday, April 9, 2010

The Picnic

Scott and I have found ourselves kinda low on money lately. Being a newlywed=being poor!! So we have had to come up with more creative ideas for dates and eating. I decided to surprise Scott with a picnic during his break. I wanted to make somehting cheap and easy for lunch, so I made chicken ranch snackwraps (kind of like the ones at McDonalds), got some Jones Berry Lemonade sodas, and some strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar dip.
I don't know if anyone has tried sour cream and brown sugar together, and I know it sounds gross, bit it is AMAZING! I tried it for the first time last year when Scott's best friend made it on our double date. It is super easy too! Just one tub of sour cream, add as much brown sugar you want, mix, and let set in the fridge for an hour to let the flavors combine. VOILA! heaven on earth.
We had a good time, and Scott was really surprised! It is fun to be creative and come up with unique ideas to make our dates a little less costly and a little more different :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog. I was wondering when you would start one. If you send me your email address I can add you to mine. It's a close blog so you can't look at it unless I add you. I closed it for a couple reasons but mainly becuase I don't want creeps looking at my kids. It looks like married life is going well. I like the video you posted on facebook. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete