Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ava's Baby Blessing

Ava was blessed on November 27th, one week after she was born. We didn't really want her to be blessed that soon, just cause most people wait a month or 2 before getting theirs done, and I was concerned that no blessing dress would fit her. But my parents were going to be in town for Thanksgiving and my mom was going to be there for the birth, so it just worked out that we would need to have her blessing asap if my dad wanted to participate while in town; and that was super important to me. So we got special permission to bless her earlier than a fast sunday.

The day of her blessing we were thrilled to have my dad, scott's dad, my uncles Brandon and Dave, my cousin's husband Anthony, my grandpa, Scott of course, our bishop, my sister's boyfriend (now soon to be hubby) and our good friend Ben all help. The building was PACKED that day because not only was it our blessing, but it was a special musical number, and a mission farewell.

The week Ava was due, my mom and I went on the hunt for her blessing dress. We searched everywhere until we finally found the most precious, tiniest little dress would could at the Distribution Center. We had to get it in an XXS, and even after she was born (and she was not a small baby) the dress was still a little too big on her. But she looked like an absolute DOLL!

Scott's blessing was amazing. It was so spiritual and inspired. After it was over, Scott got many compliments that he just gave one of the most beautiful blessings ever. He talked about how she was going to be an example to her younger siblings. He talked about how she was going to be worthy to marry in the house of the lord, which made my cry a little. I loved every second of his blessing, and at the time, it all seemed to surreal to me. Here I was, finally at that time in my life where I had my own little baby, and my husband was blessing her. Time has truly gone by so fast, and I am beyond blessed to be were I am now, married to an incredible man, have a beautiful daughter, and we are sealed for time and all eternity. No matter what happens in life, these people are mine, and through the lord we are able to spend forever together.

Thank you everyone who came for her blessing, and everyone who helped. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.





No comments:

Post a Comment