Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blessing Board

So the other day I decided to make this ADORABLE craft i saw on a craft blog i follow. It was called a blessing board, and im going to show you how i made mine. :)
First of all i went to Hobby Lobby and got these things:
-1 yard burlap
-3/4 yard fabric of your choice
-buttons
-long vertical frame with glass (i actually bought this one at ross, but i suggest finding one at a thrift store...i couldnt find one though)
-letter stickers, with numbers

So I started off by taking out the glass of the frame and cleaning it really well. If the frame is not the color you want it to be, then just paint it. I took out the back of the frame and put it on top on my burlap, lining it and then cutting it out to match the shape of the backing. I then hot glued to corners to the back.



I cleaned the glass and then I put the word Blessing across the the top outside of the glass (I used lined paper to help me keep my words and numbers straight). You can put Count your Blessings, but since my letters where bigger I just decided to put Blessings. Then i took my numbers and numbered them down the side of the glass. It was supposed to go to 10, but I ran out of room cause my frame was small to begin with. After that I replaced the back of the frame with the burlap on it to the frame, so you can see the numbers and letters on the burlap back.







after that it was time to make my flowers. I took cups from my kitchen and traced around them on the burlap. I got one small cup and one large cup and then a few measuring cups. I used the smaller measuring cups to trace circles on my fabric that I got. After I traced and cut out my circles, I got my burlap circles and put a little hot glue in the center of each one, and then squeezed it together in the middle to form a flower. I also did this with my smaller fabric circles. (note!!! wait for the glue to cool a little before squeezing it. it will burn you if you do it right after!)




I then took my little fabric "flowers" and glued it to the top of a larger burlap flower. after it was dry I took a button and glued it to the to of the fabric. Then I hot glued the flowers onto the edges of my frame.



Then Scott and I took turn writing out some of the blessings we are thankful for right now :)...


cute huh?

4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute morgie! I love it. I am sure it looks adorable in your lil home! MISS YOU lots & lots girl. Maybe during Thanksgiving we can have a craft day!??! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. craft day!!!! with the bestie!!!! seriously i hope you are coming and we can see eachother!!! miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan that is so adorable!! You did such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete